WELCOME

Welcome to the Perak Bar Blog!

Please note that comments are subject to the terms of use of this Blog as stated in the Disclaimer and Terms of Use below. All comment makers must furnish their full name when making comments. All anonymous postings shall be deleted.

Take time off

The Perak Bar Treasure Hunt Saturday 18 May 2013 Free Entry All participants will win prizes

2008-07-09

IN THE DRIVING SEAT

Greetings!

July is upon us, how time flies.

Before I proceed I would like to thank Gavin Tang for the hard work that he has put in for the setting up and maintenance of this Blog. I must say that I am glad that the Perak Bar has now a means of disseminating information faster and better for the benefit of its members. Well done Gavin.

By the way, I agree with Mr. Tang Khai Kit (not to be confused with Gavin) that the wan ton mee at the place he recommended is particularly good and deserves numerous visits.

I would like to thank Lai Choe Ken and his team who put together the Family Day outing at the Sunway’s Lost World Theme Park on the 21st of June 2008. I would also here like to place on record my thanks to those who turned up to participate in the event, thank you for participating and let all of us get to know you and your family members better. I trust that you, like me, had a great time.

The Perak – Penang Bar games are at hand. From the circulars that you have read, the program for the weekend of 19th and 20th July 2008 has been planned to suit the members who are participating in the various events that will take place. The highlights of the games will include the games itself, the dinner on the 19th July and the Tea party on the 20th of July. I trust that the members will be present to attend the games and the ensuing events, especially the Dinner and the Tea Party to make the event more enjoyable and to make sure that we show our friends from the Penang Bar a great time and great hospitality as they have shown us in Penang on previous occasions. I believe that this task must carried out with our utmost and best efforts, as such the Perak Bar Committee has decided that there will be no charge for the dinner. However, the Committee requests that the members inform the secretariat as to your attendance in order to facilitate the catering requirements.

As such I implore and request all the members of the Perak Bar to be present and participate at the games and the ensuing events and to have a good time after all, “we are the Perak Bar!”

Numerous members of the Perak Bar including myself have pledged to donate money and various items of food and drink to ensure that the events are well received and that everyone has a good time. Should anyone else wish to make a contribution, I assure you that it will be thankfully received and faithfully applied.

On a more serious note, I wish to inform you that the Legal Aid and Human Rights Sub Committee in their pursuit of assisting the Orang Asli have made tremendous progress in their efforts. I wish to record my thanks to all those concerned who have assisted in particular Mr. Augustine and Mr. Ram for the tireless effort that they have put it over time to get to where we are now in order to assist the Orang Asli. BRAVO!

Should you want to find our more and see if you can assist the Legal Aid and Human Rights Sub- Committee please contact Mr. Ram at Legal Aid Center.

I also wish to inform you that the Bar Council pursuant to the Chief Registrar’s circular, has arranged to speak to the CR and the Auditor General to pursue an amicable solution to the issue of modes of payments at the Court Counters. I wish to thank the members who have called me personally to express their dissatisfaction of the changes that are being proposed.

I wish to urge any member who has an issue which needs to be resolved or even suggestions pertaining to our administration of the Perak Bar, to please write to me personally or to the Secretary of the Perak Bar. Your views are important to us in order for us to serve you better.

Once again I thank you for your support and hope to see all of you at the Perak-Penang Bar Games on the 19th of July !

“ WE ARE THE PERAK BAR!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment